Thursday, May 03, 2007

Exhausted


I am running on fumes right now. These past few weeks have been madness - a job that has me stressed out, trying to get fire swords ready for the performance in Union Square this past Sunday, trying to keep some semblance of a life at the same time, etc. I hate that my job is affecting me in other areas of my life. It has started to bleed - something I swore would never happen. I love physical exhaustion - it means I've used my body and pushed it to a limit. Emotional/mental exhaustion is another animal entirely.
Tuesday night I went with Allen, Jessie and one of Allen's labmates to see Mando Diao at Bottom of the Hill. They were playing with Pop Levi and The Films. It was a great show! These guys are really, really good. You can check them out here: www.mando-diao.com/ I ended up buying some of their CDs online yesterday. Though the show and the company were fabulous, I didn't get home til around 1:30am or so. It made being in work at 7:30 the next morning really difficult. I was pretty beat all day yesterday. After work I had to deal with Sprint and try to get a new phone as mine was dropped on Saturday. Chris used epoxy to put it back together, but it then decided to turn itself off mid-conversation on a regular basis. After I finally got home I ate a quick bite and started some laundry. Next thing I know, I fell asleep on the couch. When I finally awoke, it was in a panic as I had this horrible feeling I had overslept. It was only 9:20pm so I was still safe. Though the nap was much needed, it made it difficult to fall asleep when I really wanted to go to bed last night.
I was up at 4:45 this morning to be in Corte Madera by 6am. That's north of the Golden Gate Bridge for those of you who don't know. Why would anyone want to be in Corte Madera at 6am you ask? Well, because I've started training. It's actually at the gym where Stephen trains. In fact, my appointment this morning was with Stephen. This was session number 2. I did an intro session on Tuesday with the owner of the gym (who is a doll). In addition to literally killing me with each session, I get to laugh the entire time. I am really excited about this program!!
After leaving Stephen, I hopped in the car and drove to Santa Clara for a dentist appointment. Why is my dentist down there? Well, my first four years or so out here I was working in the South Bay. I found this guy and really like him, so it's worth the drive for me. I decided to work out of our Cupertino office today instead of driving back to the client South SF as I have a Women of Vision award ceremony to attend tonight in San Jose. It's going to be another LONG day. It doesn't help that I'm sitting here with my muscles completely exhausted either. (Thanks Stephen! No, really, thank you!) I'm wondering if I can sneak out at some point to get a nap. Hehehehe.
I feel like Madeline Kahn - "I'm so tired." (Bonus points to those of you who catch the reference)
This moment of fatigue was brought to you by the letter E and the number 5.

3 Comments:

At May 04, 2007 7:11 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

I'll be in San diego in June..not sure how far that is from you.

 
At May 06, 2007 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blazing Saddles!

 
At May 07, 2007 7:34 AM, Blogger Buzz said...

slow down and breathe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home