Monday, March 26, 2007

Walking on Broken Glass (or, My $$$ Weekend)

As some of you know, my car window was broken Saturday night during the Spike's Blood Drive. That was a total buzz kill (if I'd had a buzz) at 4:15am. (I'll post a separate blog with an actual update of my truly wonderful weekend.) After heading into work this morning, I decided it would be a good idea to take that in and get it fixed. Spoke to my insurance guy and since my deductible is $500, no point in filing a claim. Left work at noon and brought it into the shop. I also needed an oil change. As I was chatting with the mechanic (who is hilarious and I adore) I asked when the timing belt was supposed to be replaced on this particular car. It turns out 7 years or 105,000 miles. Well, I'm at 117,000 miles and it's never been changed. How much is that going to run? Yikes! He then said, "Yeah, but if it goes..." My response to my mechanic, "It really sucks when you have me by the balls that I don't even have." Might as well add that to the list. Just picked it up from the shop (huge thanks to Tanya for driving me!!!!) and here's the damage:

New window in my car: $226.79
Oil/filter/lube: $ 26.25
New timing belt: $823.14
Slight discount given: $ -78.83

Grand total: $1045.15

Being able to have a successful fundraiser with my vamps: Priceless....or in this case, $1045.15. :-)

Ah, the joys of owning a car and being able to enjoy the open road.

This moment of expenditure was brought to you by the letter B for broken and the number 1045.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home