Monday, March 19, 2007

My First Photo Shoot

This past weekend was packed with activities. I got home from work late on Friday night. I was supposed to go to a friend's house for a birthday party. I fixed some food and made the mistake of sitting down on the couch. Next thing I know it's midnight. Oops, guess I'm not going to the party! I went to bed and got a total of 12 hours of sleep. Rock the heck on!

Saturday I had my first photo shoot. Spike's Vampire Bar (from Burning Man) is doing a fundraiser by creating a 'Girls of Spike's' calendar. Basically a bunch of hot women (and me) in goth/fetish wear. My friend Tanya was our photographer. I was pretty nervous going into it for lots of reason: poor self-image, never done a proper photo shoot before, etc. It turned out to be A LOT of fun! Tanya was great. It helps that I love her and completely trust her. I was at ease the entire time and we laughed our way through the shoot. We each did one outfit, had a break where we changed and then shot a second outfit. She took some AMAZING photos! I want to know where she found my doppleganger and took photos of her instead of me. There's no way I'm that hot! Amazing what a good photographer can do isn't it? I'm thrilled that I'm going to end up with photos that I actually like of myself.

After the shoot I hung out and helped with the other women for a bit. Then I headed home for a quick change and headed over to Allen's house. Allen, Stephen, Kristine and I all hung out for a bit drinking and laughing. We then went to the Bloc Party concert. They were awesome live! I'm really pleased I bought the tickets as I loved it. After, we went back to Allen's for a bit and then I stopped by Trader Sam's bar to hang out with my boys for a little slice of time. Finally headed home. Probably the tamest St. Patty's Day I've had in years.

Slept for another 11 hours that night. Sunday I played volleyball in Golden Gate Park. Then I headed back over to Tanya's and we went for a long walk on Ocean Beach. After, we hung out at her house just chatting, reviewing the photos from the day before, chatting some more and just generally hanging out. It was great to be able to spend some 1:1 time with her. She's such a doll!

Got to bed way too late last night for being in at work at 7 this morning. Oh well, it was worth it.

Now, I know some of you are going to be asking me to see the photos. Well, here's the thing - order a calendar! It's a fundraiser, yo. :-) Actually, once the calendar is out I will be free to post some photos. You'll never believe it's me either!

On a more random note, I decided to get my resume in order and apply for a job a friend sent me. It looks like it'd be a perfect fit. I'm so done with my current job. I can't wait to hand in my notice! Keep your fingers crossed for me. Time to go work on the resume...

This moment of photo glory was brought to you by the letter P and the number 50.

1 Comments:

At March 20, 2007 7:37 AM, Blogger Buzz said...

Awesome about the shoot! Can't wait to see the pics.

Good luck with the new job, is it still in the same area?

-buzz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home