Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Text Message Hilarity



This afternoon as I was getting coff-ay (for the Odd Todd fans out there), I received a text message saying, "I love you." It was from a New Zealand mobile number I didn't know. After joking with the guy making my flat white, I wrote back, "Thanks. I love me too. Who is this?"

Turns out a couple colleagues were in the same coff-ay shop and flagged me over. I asked if they had texted me and they had not. Then my mobile rings and it's from the number that had texted me. I answered and he said, "Do you work for EY?" When I said yes he replied, "You have my wife's old number." Apparently he was sitting on the plane and sent her a text. As soon as he sent it, he realised that's not her number anymore. We were both laughing and joking and I told him I was sorely disappointed as I thought he might be the man of my dreams. He replied, "Well, I am, but unfortunately for you I'm taken." I replied, "Well then, you aren't the man of my dreams." We both laughed some more and then he said, "I'm glad I could put a smile on your face." I told him to have a good day and to text his real wife.

Hilarious!

This moment of text message entertainment was brought to you by the letter T and the number 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home