Sunday, May 25, 2008

Candle Wisdom




After a long weekend filled with birthday festivities, I took a nice relaxing bath this evening. I finished the current book I was reading while in there and had a candle going the entire time. This was a candle that was given to me by a friend last year that is supposed to bring wisdom or at least open you up to the wisdom of the world. Not being much of a hippy myself, I smile because I think it's a nice concept, but let's be honest here...a candle bringing wisdom?

As I emptied the bath, stood and began towling off, I tried to blow out the candle. Granted, I was far away, but had a couple failed attempts. The flame would flicker and then come back even stronger. As I was about to mock myself for having poor lung capacity, a different thought popped into my head.

This candle flame was just like my own inner flame. I've spent many years trying to extinguish my own flame, not necessarily conciously, but attempting none the less. I realized, despite all my efforts, that it isn't possible. This flame can't be extinguished. It's like God's love for me. It's like my angel's love for me. It's like my love for myself is supposed to be.

Despite all my efforts, my inner flame can't and won't be extinguished. It's going to continue to come back stronger than ever and it's high time I just accept that and let it shine. Why waste my breath and effort on something that won't happen and something that I ultimately don't want to happen?

Yes, a new leaf is being turned over and the outlook is bright. Burn on flame, burn on.

Oh, don't worry, I did eventually blow out the candle flame after thanking my angel for inspiring the thought - I liked it.

This hippy moment was brought to you by the letter A and the number 31.

3 Comments:

At May 28, 2008 10:11 AM, Blogger Buzz said...

Very cool, and Happy Belated!!

 
At May 29, 2008 7:41 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

I really wish i could go to your send off:(

 
At June 03, 2008 4:09 PM, Blogger ganpatibapa said...

Happy Belated Sweets!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home