Thursday, June 12, 2008

Packing Hell

I know I've been MIA for quite some time. Life is hectic. It's fantastic, but hectic. Spent the past two weekends in Lake Tahoe for a faire. It was loads of fun and hung out with some good people.

Three of us - Brian, Jeremy and I stayed a couple extra days to play. There's nothing like camping in the mountains buy a gorgeous lake with wonderful people to make life okay. Of course, deciding at 10:30pm to start shooting a bb gun at targets (coke cans, water bottles, etc) that we set up at various distances and kept moving doesn't hurt either. Nor does realizing the next day that we had some left over eggs and those on top of the bear box make a great target. Nor does realizing the shoes I was going to throw away could also be set up on the bear box and eggs put in them as targets. Good times folks, good times. I haven't shot since I was in college if not before. It was great to be back at it, even with a bb gun and I held my own. The boys were impressed - I even kicked their asses a few rounds.

And now I am back in the real world and on the final countdown. I move on Wednesday to New Zealand. That means I have the rest of this week to pack, sell stuff, donate stuff, sort out 9 years of a life I've built out here, have a farewell party, try and see the people I need to, etc.

Why didn't the house elves pack for me when I was away?

This moment of good stress was brought to you by the letters N and Z and the number 18.

1 Comments:

At June 25, 2008 11:00 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

are you there yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home