Thursday, May 08, 2008

Love



I have been reading "Lamb, the Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal". If you haven't read it, definitely check it out. It is laugh out loud funny. In fact, I had to stop reading it on the plane because I was laughing so hard and people kept looking at me.

Anyway, the other day I came across this little beauty:

"Compassion is the same way...That's what the yeti knew. He loved constantly, instantly, spontaneously, without thought or words. That's what he taught me. Love is not something you think about, it is a state in which you dwell. That was his gift."

Let me repeat - Love is not something you think about, it is a state in which you dwell.

I think I choose to dwell in that state from now on.

This moment of thought was brought to you by the letter B and the number 2.

8 Comments:

At May 08, 2008 3:45 PM, Blogger Ariel said...

Oh WOW!
I just needed that today!

 
At May 08, 2008 3:55 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Annika..tell me about NZ..what does it offer and what could I do there? Any movies? I'd love to move to a far way place and start new if i could afford it....become someone new..ya know?

REbirth through travel:)

i am rambling..email me

 
At May 14, 2008 9:28 PM, Blogger Irish said...

I often wish I chose where I dwelt, then.

Some dumb broad I dated once said, "To love is to choose." She thought she was being smart by quoting some damn Frenchmen.

Bullshit. Watch yourself. You should only dwell somewhere where there's a warm hearth, otherwise you're screwed.

A pity beyond all telling....

 
At May 14, 2008 9:28 PM, Blogger Irish said...

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

 
At May 17, 2008 12:14 PM, Blogger BH said...

Irish - don't you think that the state of love is a warm hearth? There's a difference between loving and being in love.

 
At May 22, 2008 8:17 AM, Blogger MB said...

Waaah!!

Lamb is one of my favorite books of all time!!

You have to read all of Christopher Moore's books now.

Start with Practical Demon Keeping.

 
At May 22, 2008 8:18 AM, Blogger MB said...

Waaah!!

Lamb is one of my favorite books of all time!!

You have to read all of Christopher Moore's books now.

Start with Practical Demon Keeping.

 
At June 08, 2008 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home