Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Difficult and Exciting

As most of you know, I had a couple interviews when I was in New Zealand. I received offers from both companies. It was a difficult decision as I liked the people at both firms and liked both the towns (Wellington and Christchurch). I accepted one offer on Sunday, but hadn't yet told the other company I had taken another offer. I just sent that email. Though I feel I made the right decision, it was still a difficult note to send as there is absolutely nothing wrong with working for this other firm. In fact, one day in the future I may still want to do just that. I hope they will still be interested in me too.

So, I will start work in Wellington on June 23rd. My company doesn't know yet. Need to sort out when to give my notice.

Exciting roads ahead. Watch out world!

This moment of gain and loss is brought to you by the letters N and Z and the number 2.

1 Comments:

At April 22, 2008 1:51 PM, Blogger Buzz said...

Do you have vacation time that they will have to pay you for? If so I'd say tell them sooner rather than later and offer to take your vacation rather than make them pay you a big lump sum. It keeps the bridges from burning, know what I mean?

If not, though, give them the standard two weeks and carry on smartly.

I'm so stoked for you, your dream is coming true!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home