Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Happy Dance



At the beginning of this month I was talking with my trainer around diet, nutrition, etc. He recommended separating my animal products from my grains. Not that I have to give up either, I just no longer combine them in meals. There should be at least two hours between eating the two. Vegetables are free and can be eaten with either or at anytime. Fruit should be eaten alone, again with at least two hours before putting anything else in.

I've been doing this since Oct 4th I think. A little over a week ago I started noticing a difference in my face/cheekbones. Last week I noticed my pants are looser than before. Last night I went to get a massage. When I walked in, my massage therapist said, "You look like you've lost weight just since the last time I've seen you." That had been 2 weeks before. I haven't weighed myself because I generally find the number too depressing and I'd rather go off how I look/how my clothes fit.

Eating this way has made me far more conscious of what I am putting in my system. I have to think about what I want to eat that doesn't combine the two. I find myself eating a lot more vegetables than I used to which is always a good thing.

I've also noticed a difference in my climbing. In the past few weeks (including an almost 2 week break) I've gone up 2 levels and I'm sure a large part of it can be attributed to losing some weight.

All in all, I'm pretty darn stoked and am going to continue eating this way to see what else happens. Good stuff! Keep your fingers crossed for me.

This moment of happy dance was brought to you by the letter W and the negative number of your choice.

3 Comments:

At October 24, 2007 7:13 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

Dude....I have heard of that before. That is awesome about your results...Way to go!

the scale is evil....

 
At October 24, 2007 7:50 AM, Blogger Buzz said...

Sweeeeeeet!

B.

 
At October 26, 2007 9:02 AM, Blogger Spotty said...

Hey stranger!! What's been up? You doing Tex Mex this year? How about our big birthday cruise the week before?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home