Friday, June 22, 2007

F*CKING HELL!

The landlord finally called me last night and left me a voicemail. She talked about wanting to meet to sign the lease, etc. Then she says that the rent will actually b e $200 more a month than what had been advertised. She also said she has an offer for $300 more a month, but wanted to give me an option at the "reduced rate" of $200 more a month.

WTF? I looked at the place at a certain price. I wrote a check for the place to save it at a certain price. Now all of a sudden it's $200 more a month? Sure, I could afford it, but it just doesn't make sense to be paying that much for a place per month. If I had a roomie, I wouldn't think twice. But, it's just me.

Not to mention the principle of the thing. Blame it on my Midwest self, but I just don't understand doing business this way. I know it's SF and they can get away with it, but it really just chops my hide. Not to mention the fact that I stopped my search for a week and a half because I thought I was set.

I'm so hopping mad right now I can hardly stand it. I called her back this morning and left her a vmail asking to call me. I'll see if I can talk her out of it, but in the meantime, the apartment hunt continues.

This moment of fuming is brought to you by the letter L and the number 200.

1 Comments:

At June 27, 2007 11:37 AM, Blogger Buzz said...

Pay her the extra $200 in pennies, don't even wrap them for her ass, just put them in a few shoeboxes loosely.

Every month.

A big "fuck you" reminder for her fucking you over.

That is if you still decide to move in there. It seems like you really like the joint, so who knows. But if you don't move in there, you should post a fraud warning on craigslist concerning that address.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home