Saturday, July 07, 2007

Communication


Communication is a wonderful, and sometimes dangerous, thing. Perhaps I should say full communication is a wonderful thing.

Thursday night I received a text message that threw me for a loop. While complimentary, it seemed inappropriate from the particular person given our history and it made me sad. I chatted with a few people who know the situation to get their take on the message. Some were similar to mine, others provided a fresh perspective.

Ultimately, I wrote the person back the next day with a simple thank you and asked what had brought that on. When the explanation came through it made perfect sense as to why the message had been sent and the full intentions behind the sending. Gone was the sadness. Gone was the confusion. Gone was the uncertainty.

It was a wonderfully simple lesson to not jump to conclusions and to just ask if confusion is present. I'm a slow learner about some things so it's always nice to be reminded.

This moment of learning was brought to you by the letter C and the number 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home