Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Halter Tops and Sleep Cycles

What do they have in common? Why, absolutely nothing! However, they were both on my mind in the shower this morning so you get one giant blog full of random things.

Yesterday I went swimsuit shopping (again) as I need a swimsuit for the Betty Ford Rehab Hash in Palm Springs this weekend. Last week I went to Target where I usually find some pretty cute suits. Everything was either a bikini (I wouldn't do that to y'all) or a halter top tankini. Now, I love tankinis. They had some really cute ones. The problem - they are all halter tops! Halter tops are cute. Halter tops are even sexy. There's just one issue - halter tops are cute and sexy when you don't have big boobs! Now, I think we all know that I do and therefore halter tops look like hell on me. I gave up on Target and last night hit my favorite chubby punk rock girl store - Torrid. I expect Torrid to understand the halter top plight suffered by those of us with large breasts. Every suit except one was a halter top. What gives??? I'm happy for all those women out there with tiny breasts who look good in a halther top. But please, please, PLEASE designers everywhere...show some love for those of us who are more fortunately endowed.

Got home around 6:30pm. Yesterday was my first day back at work after being sick. I felt like I needed a nap all day. Decided to take a quick one from 6:30-7:45. Plan was to then get up, eat dinner, watch Gilmore Girls (my guilty pleasure) and then hit the hay. Well, I did wake up at 7:45. And again at 10:30. And again at 1am. Had to go to the bathroom so I made the mistake of getting up. So now it's 1am, I've gotten 6.5 hours of sleep already and I'm wide awake. Watched bad TV until about 3am when I finally fell back asleep until I had to get up for work this morning. Was absolutely ravenous since I didn't get dinner last night. Somehow I'm thinking I really needed the sleep though! Feel surprisingly good today considering I was up from 1-3am.

Tonight I get to see my friend from Australia again. She's in town with her boyfriend and their little daughter. I can't wait!! It'll be great to catch up. The only bad part is I have meetings starting at 6am tomorrow. That means I'll be leaving work early though, getting a pedicure and packing for my trip. Strawberry will be coming by that evening for a little waxing session so I'll be good to go to lounge about in swimwear in the 90 degree weather this weekend. Woohoo!

Yes, life is looking up! Now if we could just get this halter top thing sorted.... :-)

This moment of randomness was brought to you by the letter H and the number 9.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home