Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Distressing

I talked with my uncle for over an hour this weekend and he mentioned he was short of breath and I told him to call his pulmonologist.

Just received the following email from my brother about my uncle:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BH,

Wanted to let you know that UJ went to his pulmonologist yesterday b/c of his breathing problems you and I talked to him about this weekend. His oxygen level was 74%, obviously very low. Pulmonologist thought the problem is not from his lungs, speculating it's from his heart. Sent him to hospital right away and he was admitted at 6 or 7 last night.

Hasn't seen the cardiologist yet today, so in waiting mode for now. He must feel pretty weak b/c he apparently isn't giving anyone a hard time so far. They've got him on oxygen and his saturation level is still only 80%.

I haven't talked to him yet. The number in his room is (sorry, y'all really don't want to know).

Will keep you posted as I learn more...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This moment of concern was brought to you by the letter O and the number 74.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home