Tuesday, November 15, 2005

My Random Thought

Yesterday I had a very random thought in the shower.

If someone attempts suicide and doesn't succeed, should they be charged with attempted murder?

Don't ask me where that thought came from. It just sort of appeared.

I suppose it depends on how murder is defined. Is it defined as the killing of ANOTHER human being, or the killing of A human being? According to wikipedia (yes, I'm embarrassed to even list this as a source), it is "the crime of a human being causing the death of another human being..." Therefore, I guess they shouldn't be charged with attempted murder.

On the other hand, Dictionary.com lists it as: To kill (another human) unlawfully.
To kill brutally or inhumanly. Well, throwing yourself from a building seems pretty brutal to me. Then again, what do I know?

Ok, enough of the morbid random thought. I just dunno.

This was brought to you by the letter M and the number 1.

1 Comments:

At November 15, 2005 1:26 PM, Blogger MB said...

Dead Puppies, Dead Puppies......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home