Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Oh the Irony

Yesterday we had a special election in California. It didn't feel very special, but that's another story. In addition to the state propositions, we also had some local ones. One of those was Proposition H which read:

Shall the City ban the manufacture, distribution, sale and transfer of firearms and ammunition within San Francisco, and ban City residents from possessing handguns within San Francisco?

In true San Francisco fashion, this proposition passed. I can't even begin to tell you how angry this makes me. I grew up with guns. My family hunted, my dad used to take me skeet and trap shooting or to the pistol range. Hell, we even loaded our own shotgun shells in the basement. Yes, we had guns in the house. No, they were never loaded. From Day 1 we were taught firearm safety and were also taught that if we EVER touched them when our parents weren't around our hides would be so tanned they wouldn't ever be white again. Last time I checked, the second amendment gives me the right to bear arms. Suddenly the liberal masses in SF have decided that I no longer have that right.

The part I find ironic is that everyone in this town is up in arms about Proposition 73 which read:
WAITING PERIOD AND PARENTAL NOTIFICATION BEFORE TERMINATION OF MINOR'S PREGNANCY.
Everyone in this town lives in fear of losing their right to choose to kill an unborn child. So basically it can be summed up (granted, in extremely simple terms) as: It's ok for me to kill an unborn child, but it's not okay for me to have a handgun in my possession. Someone please explain to me exactly how that one works because frankly, I just don't get it.

This moment of frustration was brought to you by the letter L and the number 1000.

3 Comments:

At November 09, 2005 9:39 AM, Blogger Glib Gal said...

No way on the gun thing!!!! I'm sure a lawsuit will be filed the first time someone is picked up for violation of the new law. Then it will take 6 years before it is overturned. In the meantime only criminals will be getting guns and the Giants will still suck.

I know, that Giants thing wasn't necessary.

 
At November 10, 2005 7:41 AM, Blogger Buzz said...

The Giants thing WAS necessary...

Buzz

 
At November 10, 2005 12:35 PM, Blogger BH said...

Y'all are barking up the wrong tree on this one. Not a Giants fan. My teams are below:

1. Royals
2. Red Sox
3. Anyone playing the Yankees
4. Brewers
5. Padres
6. Anyone playing the Dodgers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home