Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Fire! FIRE!

Fire is cool! (said in my best Beevis/Butthead voice)

Have y'all seen the fire spinners? Huge thing at Burning Man, but comes from the Maori culture. I saw some folks doing it live this past Saturday night and think it is just amazing! Thought it would be cool if I could so something like that. Therefore, I just signed up for Poi lessons starting next Thursday. It's 6 weeks every Thursday for 80 minutes. No, we don't start with fire which is probably a really good thing since I'd end up burning myself alive. Instead we start out with practice poi which I think have bags of sand or something at the end. The description on the website said they leave smaller bruises than the tennis ball ones. Yeah, that's comforting!

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about it and can't wait to try it! Assuming I'm coordinated enough, it's pretty cool to think one day I'll be able to spin fire.

Good stuff!

This was brought to you by the letter F and the number 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home