Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I Want My Mommy

Oh my God I want to die. Sunday night I started feeling like garbage. Went to bed about 10:30pm. 11:00pm was my first trip to the bathroom. Ok, I figured once I puked I would feel better. Went back to lay down. No no, not to be. I continued puking about every 15 minutes. I knew that water is really hard on the stomach so I started drinking a bit of mineral water after each vomit. That didn't help settle it down, so I tried some Ginger Ale. That didn't help either. However, puking up liquid is so much better than the dry heaves. Around 3am I felt the need for MB's invention. Since I don't possess such a wonderful tool, I was forced to sit on the pot with a trashcan in my lap. This process continued until around 10am. Let me help you with the math - that's 11 straight hours of vomiting. I called in sick to work, but had to cut it short because I had to go vomit. I finally slept for about 3 hours. Spent the rest of the day wallowing in self-pity on the couch. I was burning one heck of a fever last night. Today I still feel like garbage, but at least liquids are staying down and things coming out the other end are relatively normal. Minus the total bodyache I'm dealing with and the fact that I get a headrush everytime I move, I feel better. I've even managed to keep down some soup. Very exciting.

I'm not good at being sick. I dislike it. I never call in sick to work. Generally I still go in even w/ a cold. So when something knocks me on my ass I don't deal with it well. Basically it all boils down to this - I want my mommy.

This moment of self-pity has been brought to you by the letters P, U, K and E and the number 11.

3 Comments:

At September 20, 2005 3:44 PM, Blogger MB said...

It's in the R&D phase right now....I'll keep you posted.

 
At September 23, 2005 8:40 AM, Blogger Buzz said...

Hope you're feeling better BH... That shit sucks

 
At September 23, 2005 11:02 AM, Blogger BH said...

Thanks buzz! Though I think in this case it's more accurate to say that shit blows. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home