Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Beer Scooter

Oh dear Christ, it's a wonder I'm even alive....and it's Tuesday!!! Last night was the second Irish Night with the Giants at PacBell Park. Sorry, make that SBC Park. No, f that, PacBell Park. But I digress.

Left work at 5pm yesterday which was a nice change. Planned to meet up with hashers before the game and then figured I'd leave around the 7th inning to go home and get some sleep. Sounds like a good plan right? Well, best laid plans...Went to the 21st Amendment to meet the rest of the hashers going to the game. Had a few beers and, luckily, some food. Then we headed over to the game. During the game we had margaritas and rum & cokes. It's amazing how if you put a drink that looks like the colour of soda in a 2 litre bottle they have no problem letting you in with them.

The game was hilarious. Well, not the game so much as the antics of the group. We all got our ballcaps since it was the second Irish night (t-shirts the first time) and we were sitting in the right section. One hasher, SUS (not to be confused with the real S), is a Philly fan and came decked out in his gear. He never heard the end of the 5-0 loss. At one point SUS was silly enough to allow his Philly hat to be stolen. Silly, silly hasher. More on this in a bit.

After the game most people took off. My roomie K, another hasher B and I were still hanging around the stadium. Turns out B took SUS's hat. We had some fun taking photos with that. Then B gets the brilliant idea to take it into the men's bathroom to get some photos. He puts it on a urinal and a guy in there actually pees on it. He even got photos in midstream. Too funny! We bummed a bag off some other fan so he didn't have to carry it touching only the dry spot. Then the three of us pranced off to Zeke's Sports Bar for some bevvies. We had a few more beers there. Ran into some other hashers while there. We eventually decide to head out. I thought we were going home. Oh no, not to be. That would be far too intelligent.

Instead, we hopped in a cab and went to Tradr Sam's. Now Tradrs is a tiki bar that serves huge drinks with cheap liquor. It also happens to be our local. There is a victim of Tradrs every night. My first night in there almost 6 years ago, I was definitely the victim. I've never been drunk in there since as I stay away from their tiki concoctions. That truly is impressive considering I generally drink for free there. I don't think I can blame the rest of the evening on Tradrs. I somehow think all the alcohol consumed prior to getting there might be the culprit. Then again, I could be talking crazy talk.

We arrive at Tradrs and Freddy is working behind the bar. I get the first round with the remaining $10 I've got in my wallet (chivas and diet coke). We chatted a bit to these guys who were sitting in the booth next to us. And that's it. That's all I can remember. Next thing I know I'm waking up to the alarm I've apparently been snoozing the past 2 hours. It's 8am and I have a 9:15am mtg (which I actually made for the record). I stand up and there are all my clothes piled on the floor right next to the bed. Apparently I just stood there and stripped and then fell into bed. Nice huh? Went to the bathroom and turns out I'd managed to take out my contacts and put them in their proper place the night before. Also had set my alarm. Pretty damn impressive. Now - did I get home with my bag? Crap, I'd have to call Zeke's and Tradrs if I didn't, but that won't get me to my mtg on time. Turns out I made it home wiht my bag. Again, impressive. Took a quick shower, got dressed and wandered out to the living room. There's B passed out on the couch. Nice! K's door was still closed. Ok, we all made it home in one piece. Good stuff.

No headache, but man I had the shakes. Decided water would not be going into my body today. Had some sprite at home so filled the Nalgene bottle with that and made it to my 9:15. I'm rather certain I should not have been driving as I was still drunk at that point. Also found money in my wallet so apparently we hit the ATM at some point. I had meetings straight through until 4pm. Someone kill me! One meeting finished early so sent an email to B and K to try and find out what the hell happened last night. The email exchange was hilarious and essentially none of us know. It was 10:30 and B was still on my couch. We asked wonderful questions like,

K: Why we decided we absolutely had to continue drinking at Tradrs and what the hell time was it when we went to sleep?? And I don't remember exactly what we were talking about on the walk home, but we all thought it was the funniest thing ever.... I think I'm going to need a nap. And a new brain. The one I have is very confused...
B: Why does my head hurt? Clues anyone. Who ate so much cheese last night? Why does the Philly Hat smell like piss? Okay, do we know the guy who done did the pissin on the hat?
Me: You guys remember the walk home? I sure as hell don't. Why did it seem like such a good idea to keep drinking? Who let the cat into the house last night that shat in my mouth? How did I manage to take my contacts out, put them where they belong and set my alarm for the morning? Why do I have to have meetings straight through to 4pm today? Why couldn't yesterday have been Friday so I could sleep all day today?

Then, during another free moment I made another discovery. I pulled out my camera from the night before and found all these pictures from Tradrs. At one point I apparently passed the camera over to the guys sitting in the booth next to us. Also have pictures of them. Unfortunately, none of them helped me piece together the evening at all.

My coworker brought me a burrito for lunch since I had mtgs the whole time. Very nice gesture. I ate about 1/4 of it. Then an hour later had another 1/4. An hour later had another 1/4. Had to make sure it would stay down you see. Still haven't had any water - been 7up all day long. Ugh. And I have to do dinner with a buddy tonight.

And it's only Tuesday!!!

Though I do think it's kinda funny, I also hate that I got drunk enough to not remember. So not cool. I am grateful that we are all okay, though a few brain cells lighter.

Note to self: Next time you plan to go home early to go to bed, do it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home