Friday, September 23, 2005

Health Update

Since y'all have been so sweet with your well wishes, I figured I'd update everyone on my health status.

Days I haven't thrown up: working on #4. Woohoo!
Days I've kept solid food down: working on #4. Woohoo!
Days I've felt like a normal human being: 0. Not so woo or hoo.

Basically I feel 150 times better than I did on Sun/Mon/Tues. I'm just absolutely exhausted right now. Just spent. No energy. Wed I tried to get up to go to work. Took my 9am from home as I finally drug myself out of bed at 8:30. Made it into work for my 11am. Apparently scared everyone with my paleness. It was sort of funny getting dressed for work that day b/c all my clothes were loose, my watch band was two notches tighter, etc. I decided however that 11 hours of puking will not be part of the new weight loss plan. Left around 4 to go home and take an hour nap. That turned into a 3 hour nap b/c I was so exhausted. Worked from 8pm to midnight. Then tried to go to bed and couldn't sleep for a good hour or so.

Got up around the same time yesterday and made it into work. Got complimented on losing weight. Somehow it would have meant so much more if they'd said that after I'd been working my ass off at the gym, not after I've been ill. Stayed a full day so I wouldn't screw myself by napping again. Went to bed at 9pm. Sounds great in theory. However, the neighbor's whose backyard butts up against ours have a puppy. About this time the puppy decides to start howling and barking and of course they aren't home to stop it. So much for an early night. Drug myself out of bed around 8am today. I can hardly keep my eyes open. I'm so tired, but somehow when I lay down to sleep I can't. Probably overtired. Plus I'm still dehydrated despite copious quantities of water.

Talked to my aunt last night who is a nurse (and a nun believe it or not). Think I'm going to call my doctor on Monday and talk this over with her. Everything seems to be thrown off in my body. Besides just being exhausted, nothing seems to be working right. Really gassy, but not producing much. Now I'm generally a regular, 3 times a day whether I need it or not kinda girl, so I notice when the plumbing isn't working like it normally does. I'm also almost 2 weeks late getting a visit from Aunt Flow. Now I haven't been getting laid so I'm not concerned about that aspect of it, but figure it's just another symptom of something not being right in my body. I'm generally like clockwork for that one too, and this is the second time in a few months that this has happened. Of course the last time it did, it was 1.5 weeks late and once I finished that like 2 weeks later the next one came. I figured it was karma for complaining so much about missing the first one.

So basically I'm better, but not anywhere near 100%. And I have to go work Ren Faire this weekend. While everyone else is partying yours truly will be sleeping. The exciting life I lead.

4 Comments:

At September 23, 2005 2:19 PM, Blogger Buzz said...

Ahem.... Lemme screw on my medical hat nice and tight. Are you hydrating? Have you been eating anything? What's your sodium intake like? Your body is fresh out of reserves and needs to be replenished. You need to drink a ton of water, and keep drinking until your pee is clear. If food isn't appealing then you should heavily consider at least taking a multi-vitamin (GNC's Mega line is good) Also, consider the loss of minerals and electrolytes you lost in your 11 hour adventure. It's going to take some time to recover from that even on the best of diets while in the best of shape. Marathoner's usually take a week to feel back to normal and they mostly sweat, you had the liberty of sweating, puking and dropping the duece. In short, I'd advise against any Ren Fair business if you're still feeling peekid, nauseaus, dizzy, or if any of your previous symptoms recurr. Those Corsets are contraindicated whilst trying to recoup from a digestive ailment, m'lady. -Buzz

 
At September 23, 2005 2:51 PM, Blogger Buzz said...

So, wait... You have this:

http://boulderblather.blogspot.com/2005/08/my-new-purchase.html

in your repitoire and you're NOT getting any? That's just sucks too...

 
At September 26, 2005 7:46 AM, Blogger MB said...

And you accused me of wanting people to know all about me?

 
At September 26, 2005 5:53 PM, Blogger BH said...

Buzz, I don't know ya but I love ya! Yes, I agree it sucks too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home