Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Georgia on My Mind

Flying out at the butt-crack of dawn tomorrow morning on my way to Savannah, Georgia. Technically I guess we're staying in Hardeeville, South Carolina, but it's 12 miles from the Savannah airport so I think I'm safe saying Savannah. Deliverance land. Cue dueling banjos. Off to NC/SC weekend. That's the annual hash house harriers North Carolina/South Carolina weekend. We're camping out on this old plantation in Hardeeville. The original house and slave quarters are still standing. The place is about 2200 acres or so. I think this is the last year we will be there as the owner is selling the place.

Having never been to Savannah I'm pretty excited about the trip. Flying first class and only paying $10 to do so doesn't hurt either. A few of us are flying in tomorrow so we may do an impromptu pub crawl and then head to the plantation to set up our tents. Friday everyone else arrives and there will be a shooting star trail as well as tons of alcohol. Saturday there is rumored to be a trail. Then we will have a pub crawl in downtown Savannah for 5 hours. Apparently we will be hitting all the top touristy spots so I can bore y'all with photos upon my return. The theme is 80s so I'm more than prepared to sport my 80s "fashion" for everyone. That night will be a dance party. Sunday I think there is another trail and then everyone heads out. SM and I at least are staying through Monday. Not sure if we'll camp Sunday night or get a hotel room.

Only thing that sucks despite the forecast for some thunderstorms is that I'm now going to pack like a chick. I have one big bag that has my tent, air mattress, sheets, blanket, etc. Then I'll have a smaller bag for clothes. I'm the girl who can go to Europe for a month in a carry-on bag or Aus/NZ for 5.5 weeks in a backpack. Therefore, it pains me to be taking two bags. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

Can't wait for the trip though 4:45am shuttle tomorrow is going to be painful. I do plan on following RC's sage advice - "If you see a little kid with no teeth and a banjo, run away!"

Oh, and I'm taking bets to see who thinks good old Aunt Flow is going to come visit while I'm camping out this weekend!

This trip is brought to you by the letter D and the number 4.

4 Comments:

At September 28, 2005 3:16 PM, Blogger Buzz said...

I'm going to guess flow hits between the 16th and 17th beer of the weekend...

It's a lock baby, it's a lock!

 
At September 28, 2005 4:39 PM, Blogger Glib Gal said...

Savannah is a great city!!! There are some good Irish pubs there. I'd tell you the names if I remembered. Enjoy!

 
At September 29, 2005 7:52 AM, Blogger MB said...

Yeah,

Savannah is famous for all of the Irish.

And men who like to butt-fuck you in the woods and make you scream like a pig. (maybe that's a little to stereotyped)

 
At September 29, 2005 10:14 AM, Blogger Buzz said...

All I know about Savannah is that's were Paula Dean is from, you all know her right?

Y'all, She's the lady on the Food Network that puts about 13 sticks of butter in everything she cooks.

"Now Y'all, for this 'southrn style' cobb salad we're just goona drizzle in 'bout 42 sticks a'butter, letit chill, toss, and instead of adding grilled skrimps or chicken, I like to just throw about 25-50 lil ol' pats a butter on the top... mmmm, mmmm..."

Have a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home