Thursday, November 06, 2008

Thunderstorms



I have always loved thunderstorms. We used to get the best ones growing up in the Midwest. During the summer, my brother and I would sleep out on our screened-in porch on the nights there was a storm and just lay there for hours listening to the rain on the roof and the thunder in the sky. The world seemed wild and I revelled in it. There was an electricity in the air (literally and figuratively) and yet it always brought a sense of peace and cleansing to me.

Nine years ago I moved to SF where thunderstorms rarely occur. Now I've moved to Wellington and thunderstorms occur rarely here as well. Today was a beautiful day, but this afternoon it has quickly turned into a thunderstorm. Not quite as good as the ones we used to get in the summer back home, but enough to make me a happy girl and take me back to some fond memories.

Roll on thunder and lightening, roll on!

This moment of childlike excitement was brought to you by the letter T and the number 1.

*Photo by Jay Mace at Utah Lake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home