Monday, October 06, 2008

Sicky and Sydney



Yesterday I woke up and my throat was a bit sore and scratchy. Last night I took a bath, then a shower and then wrapped myself in two duvets to try and sweat it out. I was just dripping for what seemed hours on end. Not sure when I fell asleep. Got up around 8 this morning and had a shower, then walked to work. I walked in and one of the kids at work came and told me she had finally gone to the doctor and had bronchitis and suggested I do the same. Other people came in, took one look at me still sweating and looked up a doctor for me to see.

It was the oddest doctor visit I have ever had. I walked in and told her my symptoms. She talked about how it is going around. Then she looked at my throat for like 2 seconds and handed me a script. I think she believes it's laryngitis and bronchitis. Yay me. So I got my prescriptions filled and took my first drug today.

The thing that makes this suck is I am supposed to be on a plane tomorrow to Sydney for a training course. Then I'm spending the weekend with an Irish friend now living in Sydney. Could the timing be any worse? Hopefully since I'll have had the drug in me for 24 hours at that time tomorrow, I'll be okay and can have a fun weekend. Early to bed tonight and tomorrow night for sure!

Keep your fingers crossed I can still enjoy Sydney.

This moment of feeling like garbage was brought to you by the letter B and the number 3.

2 Comments:

At October 14, 2008 11:10 AM, Blogger Buzz said...

Yeah, but BB...

You'll still be communicable and exposing everyone else on the plane.

Bummer that you've probably already left.

 
At October 14, 2008 5:28 PM, Blogger BH said...

Yeah, this was last week. Already been and back. Still a bit of a cough, but feeling far more human.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home