Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Fantabulous Weekend

I'm back in Palmerston North for work. This week it's only today and tomorrow. Luckily the sun is shining and I'm still in my post-weekend glow.

Friday night I went with Piotr (a kid at work who is based out of Auckland, but here with us in Welly for 3 months) to Southern Cross as a swing band was playing. P does Ceroc and I do Lindy, but we had fun anyway. He's keen to learn lindy so I hooked him up with where I used to take lessons out here. Made me want to get back into it so looks like I'll be back taking some classes as well.

Saturday was the first day of the Spring Racing Series. In true Wellinton form, it was windy as. Actually, it was probably only around 25 knots with 30 knot gusts. It's funny when that is somewhat tame. We couldn't fly the kite as the spinnaker pole was broken (which we discovered when we got on the boat), but it was a fun day in the sunshine. It left me wondering - is it wrong that I can almost catnap during 30 knot winds while waiting for the next tack?

After coming off the water, we had a beer at the yacht club. Then I made it home for a quick shower and met up with Ying. She's a PA in our Sydney office. She's originally from Manchester and was in town for the match. We went to the All Blacks vs Wallabies match. My seats were amazing - right along the try line, first row. Prime view of everything. The ABs won 33-6 and played really well. A great match. We then went to Molly Malone's for a few drinks after. There we met up with a Scotsman and 3 other folks from England. I was surrounded by Poms! Left Molly's around 1:30am. My back was already sore from sailing so I drew a hot bath. Woke up in the tub around 2:30am. At least it was still warm so I couldn't have been asleep that long.

Sunday I was supposed to have a skype session with my family, but they didn't show. Went to Floraditas for brunch with Eddie. Then got a text from Willem he had a free ticket for me for the Phoenix match. Met up with those boys at The Thistle Inn for a beer before the match. It was a fun afternoon in the sunshine. Had a good chat with Niamh over in Sydney that evening. Then I met up with Brian (what is it with me and knowing Poms??) for a later dinner/catch-up session.

I'm exhausted today, but happily so. I love that spring is in the air and even though it's not altogether warm outside, it's getting better! Sunshine makes me a happy girl.

This fantastic weekend was brought to you by the letters A and B and the number 1.

1 Comments:

At September 20, 2009 5:10 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Missed you oh fabulous one!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home