Friday, February 24, 2006

This Day Was Not Meant To Be

Stayed up until midnight last night watching the Olympics. That was great, except it meant I couldn't pull my sorry ass out of bed today. That meant I missed my workout as I had to get into work. No biggie, I packed my gym bag to go tonight. Well, managed to leave the gym bag at home so now I have to go home first to get it, then go to the gym. Do you know how hard it is to find motivation once you are already home?

Around 10:30am I was having a protein shake. Managed to forget the little strainer thing that helps break up the clumps, but decided to try mixing it anyway. About the time I start shaking, the lid pops off. Now there is chocolate protein shake all over my laptop, my desk, my hair, my shirt and my jeans. I clean up the laptop as best I can and then turn to myself. Of course I had emptied my car the night before so didn't have the sweatshirt in there anymore. Did manage to find a sweater in the trunk so have been wearing that instead.

Got back to my office to find my keyboard is now a mess. I type 'r' and it shows up as 'tr', the right arrow key takes you to the next line, 'o' brings up spell check in Outlook, etc. What the f*** am I going to do now? Run to a meeting and afterward I pop off a couple keys to try and clean up the mess. I didn't just pop off the key, I also popped off the gizmo (that's right, I'm a chick and I don't know what it's called) underneath that works on a lever and depresses the sensor to type the letter. Getting that thing back on was ridiculous. A client manager stops by and is trying to help me. He says we can't get it w/o tweezers. Of course no one has any. I keep playing and eventually get it sorted and all the keys back on. Life is now rosey again.

I was supposed to run out to pick up some things at lunch, but that hasn't happened. Just one of those days where there is tons to do and you make things longer and harder on yourself than necessary. Packing for the move on Monday is going to consume most of this weekend. Moving should be banned. It is evil!

Ok, enough bitching. Just wanted to vent.

This venting moment was brought to you by the letter P and the number 3.

6 Comments:

At February 24, 2006 2:35 PM, Blogger BH said...

No you won't sweetie, I won't be there. Maybe CoTex? Or Betty Ford?

 
At February 24, 2006 2:46 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Sorry to hear about your shitty day. I hate everyone equally today..love pms.

Thank you for your Lasik email...kinda pricey, but not if you consider all the longterm details. I AM going to get it done..just a matter of when.

I do hope we can meet at a hash soon and have a beer:)

 
At February 24, 2006 3:06 PM, Blogger MB said...

"About the time I start shaking, the lid pops off. Now there is chocolate protein shake all over my laptop, my desk, my hair, my shirt and my jeans"

Uh.........oh, nevermind. Waaay to easy.

 
At February 25, 2006 3:03 PM, Blogger Spotty said...

funny!! hey BH..here is my little trick for getting to the gym. I tell myself "I'm just gonna get dressed for it, not really go". Then I say "Well, I'm gonna drive over there but not go in". Then when I get there I say "well, I'll go in but i won't actually do anything". Of course when you go thru the door you don't wanna look like a dork so you get on a treadmill, saying "well, I'll only do 10 minutes" and so on and so forth....

 
At February 27, 2006 3:44 PM, Blogger monkey 0 said...

I'm pretty sure that thing is just called a "gizmo." At least, when I had to order one, the part number was giz098572a .

 
At February 28, 2006 1:57 PM, Blogger BH said...

MB - Yeah, I thought about that, but decided to leave it hanging out there for you.

Spotty - I'll try it.

Trojan - it's a very personal decision. WHen you're ready, you'll know.

Monkey - you buy things named 'giz'???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home