Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Singles Awareness Day Recap

So besides being a sad bastard yesterday, other events did actually occur. Some friends decided to get all the single ladies together and have a night of hanging out and hitting some local pubs. I was stoked because I needed to go out and let loose. Ended up not leaving work until around 7:30pm last night basically because some people can't pull their heads out of their asses and do their job, so I have to do it for them.

Anyway, finally make it out of work and brave the gale force winds to get to my car. Head to GNC where I pick up some CLA and some Fish Body Oils 1000. Yeah, you wanted to know. Then I had to go to the police station. Why the police station you ask? Allow me to explain.

Yesterday morning I left the gym and was driving to work. I was sitting at a stop sign, unable to go forward because the cars on the other side of the intersection were all backed up. There's no blocking intersections for this kid! The guy behind me is turning left so decides to go around me to do so. No biggie. No biggie, that is, until the rat bastard HITS my car and keeps on going. Wtf? I did get his license plate number so had to go make a report.

The damage on my vehicle is minor - some nice scratches on my bumper. I haven't talked to my insurance guy yet to see how it will affect me if I do anything. Guess I'll finally find out if I'm in good hands with AllState. I knew if I decided to I would have to get a police report, so in I went. Doesn't everyone want to spend Valentine's Day in a police station? Ok, maybe you do if you had gotten caught having sex in public. That would be cool. But I digress.

I go in to make my report and the cop basically makes me feel like an asshole for having gone in over something so minor. You know, if the guy had stopped I probably would have let it go. But the asshole hit me and kept going. That's the part that irked me. Even though I had the license plate number he said they wouldn't do anything about it since the damage was minor and if anything were going to happen the insurance companies would have to battle it out. I didn't have any witnesses (was late for a mtg at the time and didn't think about getting anyone's info) and it basically will come down to my word against this guy's. So basically I'm screwed. ARGH!

Finally get out of the police station and since I have no food at home stopped by the store to grab something for dinner. I get home and it's 10pm. Not such a good time to eat, but I was starving so I did. There was no way in hell I was going tou with the girls at that point. I needed some down time. Didn't want to go to bed right after eating so stayed up far too late watching the Olympics. Made it rather tough to get up and make the gym this morning, but I did. Yea me.

Oh well, today has to be better. I'm spinning fire again tonight so that will be fabulous! Yea to being a Monty Python fan and always looking on the bright side of life. (That's going to be stuck in your heads now! Muahahahahahahah!)

This recap was brought to you by the letter R and the number 14.

3 Comments:

At February 15, 2006 2:54 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Tis only a flesh wound....

 
At February 15, 2006 3:02 PM, Blogger BH said...

Come back here, I'll bite your legs off!

 
At February 17, 2006 2:00 PM, Blogger MB said...

C'mon, sing-a-long.

Cheer up, Brian. You know what they say.

Some things in life are bad,
They can really make you mad.
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, give a whistle!

And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...


(the music fades into the song)
...always look on the bright side of life!

(whistle)

Always look on the bright side of life...

If life seems jolly rotten,
There's something you've forgotten!
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing,
When you're feeling in the dumps,
Don't be silly chumps,
Just purse your lips and whistle -- that's the thing!

And... always look on the bright side of life...

(whistle)
Come on!

Always look on the bright side of life...

For life is quite absurd,
And death's the final word.
You must always face the curtain with a bow!
Forget about your sin -- give the audience a grin,
Enjoy it -- it's the last chance anyhow!


So always look on the bright side of death!
Just before you draw your terminal breath.
Life's a piece of shit,
When you look at it.
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true,
You'll see it's all a show,
Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you!

And always look on the bright side of life...

(whistle)
Always look on the bright side of life

and oh, damn Trojan!! You are smokin!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home