Friday, March 03, 2006

Life in Boxes

As most of y'all know, I moved on Monday. Well, I should say the movers came on Monday. Tuesday night my old roomie and I met back at the place to clean the carpets, etc. Grabbed most of my remaining stuff then. I went back Wednesday night to get the rest of my stuff, mop the kitchen & bathroom floors and clean the fridge. Last night was my walkthrough w/ the landlord.

I really expected that to be a bit nightmarish. I figured he would be trying to deduct things from our security deposit. Part of me wanted him to because I could use a good outlet for all the frustration I have (work & landlord MB, not sexual). I half-hoped he would try to deduct something so I could say, "Look Paul, if you want to do this, it's fine. However, I will take you to court and you will end up owing me more money because I shouldn't have been paying rent for all the months you never repaired things. So if you want to play that game, let's do it." Turns out I didn't need to use my little speech. He hadn't calculated the interest yet so is going to be putting a check in the mail. I was pleasantly surprised.

So now I am living among boxes. I've unpacked a few - mainly in the kitchen. Haven't set up the TV or any of the electronics because then I know they will distract me from unpacking things. Haven't even unpacked clothes because I need to rearrange the room from the way the movers set it up. Living out of a suitcase and boxes sucks for the record. Haven't really had much time to be home to unpack. Will be doing that tonight (the exciting life I lead) before heading to Red White & Blue Beach in Santa Cruz to camp tomorrow. We're doing a 'beach burn' which should be a good time. Plus, I will get to spin fire there. Woohoo!

Hopefully one day soon things will be unpacked and I will have things on the wall. Considering next weekend is Betty Ford weekend, I'm not holding my breath.

This moving moment was brought to you by the letter B an the number 30.

5 Comments:

At March 03, 2006 2:42 PM, Blogger dayoldfish said...

geez, thanks for reminding me I have to move at the end of the summer, have been in this place for 3 years, so really settled in. But I hate the new company that brought our property.

 
At March 04, 2006 9:28 AM, Blogger babyG said...

I'm selling my house and moving. I don't even now were to start as fare as moving gos.

I have so much stuff ! I have 5 full size desks

 
At March 04, 2006 12:20 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

I HATE moving but my lease is up in Sept and I am sick of living where the general age is 20. I am not buying beer for any minors...sorry. So currently i'm scouting for a new place and lower rent....um and a bigger space. This 500sq ft bullshit is for the birds!

 
At March 05, 2006 11:21 AM, Blogger Murray said...

Living out of a suitcase DOES suck! And living out of boxes isn't much better. I'll have to do that when I get home(since my house will be sold). And then when Jared moves, I get to do it again! Good luck, babe.

 
At March 06, 2006 3:04 PM, Blogger BH said...

Fishy - sorry honey, but you know it's coming!

MB - yes, I read that when I typed it and figured you would have some comment. Far be it from me to deny you.

Babyg - Hey, I can use a desk. ;-)

Trojan - certain things are worth the hassle!

Murray - hey babe! Great to hear from you! Sorry you're going to have to do so much moving. I may have to check w/ you as I'll be doing the reverse when I go to NZ. Thanks for the well-wishes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home